Skip to main content

Stop Kidding Around.... A Guide to "Adulting"

 It's a trend that is sweeping the nation, yet no one seems to enjoy it... "adulting" has been seen on screen in movies, films, and cinema pictures for as long as we can remember. Famous adults such as Tyler Perry, Oprah's mom, and JonBenet Ramsey have grabbed the nation's attention, but has "adulting" really ever been talked about? Read below to find out how to make yourself (at least appear) a little more grown up.


1.) Dating
Now that you're an adult, there's a lot of pressure to find someone you can spend the rest of your life with. It's not like the movies though - you can't just latch onto a handsome space-traveler's face and inject him with your spawn like in the movie Sleepless in Seattle. Trust me, I wish it were that easy! A major part of adulting is realizing that you're not going to turn the corner and find "the one" who will mate with you, decapitate you, and devour your head. It takes time, patience, and a lot (yes, A LOT) of seductive dancing - by outstretching all six of your legs and thrusting your antennae - to find that special someone. It's also helpful to realize that meeting your soulmate in person isn't the only way to go; it's socially acceptable these days for couples to meet online, or to decapitate yourself instead of waiting your whole lifetime to find a mate to do it for you.

2.) Doing Laundry
This might come as a shock to you, but laundry does not just jump from your hamper, to the washer, and back into your drawers by magic: it is actually done using a complex scientific process perfected by millions of years of evolution. You probably got used to your mom or dad helping you with your laundry while you were growing up, but now it's time to escape that hard exoskeleton on your own! One thing I've realized while learning to do my own laundry is that it usually takes longer than you think, so the next time you feel yourself growing too large for that outer-shell, give yourself a few weeks to claw your way out. You might lose a limb or three on the way out, but they'll grow back before you know it. Of course, don't forget to use your favorite fabric softener (and if you don't have one, ask your mom what she uses).


3.) Grocery Shopping
The grocery store was fun when you were younger, but now that you're an adult it can be a little overwhelming. Whatever happened to squirming around on the bottom of a trash can with your 7,000 brothers and sisters while your mom and dad brought back pieces of raw meat for you to slowly devour? Well, now that you're adulting, it's up to YOU to provide your own offspring with raw meat, and - while it can seem tedious - couponing can go a looooong way. Check out inserts from your local paper, or websites like Groupon, for the best deals on moldy bread, rotten fruit, or - if you're lucky - a freshly dead raccoon.


4.) Sacrificing Yourself for the Good of the Hive
Living on your own in society is hard enough, but always being on the lookout for threats to the hive can make adulting downright impossible! You might be at a party trying not to make a fool of yourself on the dance floor, when suddenly the roof caves in killing dozens of your friends and family members. Talk about awkward! This happens all the time, so don't worry. Did you know they now have an app that tracks where the threat is coming from and helps you eliminate it? It's called PROTECT THE QUEEN. All you have to do is download PROTECT THE QUEEN to your phone, tap PROTECT THE QUEEN, and you will be able to protect the queen. It guzzles a lot of data, but don't worry about that because you'll probably die.


5.) Paying Taxes
Sometimes it seems like the IRS wants to make things difficult for you, but it doesn't have to be such a struggle if you know some of the loopholes. If you write "I AM INSECT" in every box on your tax form, the IRS is legally not allowed to make you pay taxes. I'll bet you wish they taught you that instead of How to Escape the Clutches of a Venomous Spider in high school!

Comments

Read These If You Have Nothing Better to Do

Three tips on getting your beach body that don't involve going to war with Iran

Summer is almost here, which means Americans will be heading to the beach, pool, and possibly the Middle East to start another genocidal war that will only further destabilize the region. Here are some tips that make sure you look good while also ensuring you don't kill hundreds of thousands of people. 1.) Stick to your diplomatic relationship and your workout routine. Having a set plan can go a loooong way in ensuring you get to the gym every week. Once you establish something that works, though, don't give up just because you get busy or you want to tarnish your predecessor's legacy. Abs don't show up in one week. Don't stop your workout just because your tummy doesn't get flat right away, or because of unfounded claims that the 2015 peace deal deal isn't working. As Dory from Finding Nemo famously says: 2.) Maintain a high-protein breakfast and avoid appointing John Bolton as your National Security Advisor. Any breakfast that inc

Something you never want to hear from your significant other

It started out like a regular date night. Both of us had survived tough weeks at work, and we relished the chance to get away from it all. After paying for our meal, we weren't yet ready to head in, so we decided to go for a walk by the river. It was warm, but the breeze off the water soothed us. My partner and I held hands. We chitchatted. I don't remember what we talked about, but then he turned to me and told me something I will never forget. My first reaction after hearing these words was shock. I never in my life imagined I would hear something like that directed at me, especially from someone I cared about so deeply. Did he really just say that? I wondered. Even though I had heard him clearly, my only response was, "What?" He repeated. Again, every word entered my ear and soured all happy memories I had of my partner. Every warm feeling that I felt towards him was now ice cold, and it was just as shocking to hear the second time: A roller skating

Web-site Musings' Official 2020 Endorsement

I have covered politics before, in both opinion and factual pieces, but have always refrained from making endorsements because no one paid me to. This year is different, however, with crises that seem to increase more and more by the day. As someone who cares about the future of this country and the world, I am making this endorsement in the hopes that we make it to 2021 looking stylish, while also staying practical. For this reason, I am proud to endorse FLEXI Extra Sturdy Sunglasses With Color Lenses - Sleek Design, Men & Women SJ9083! This election is more important than ever, as the current occupant of the White House has refused to tackle some of our most pressing issues, such as giving your eyes the UV protection they need as you go about your daily routine. Scientists predict that all of y our friends will have the coolest shades while you are stuck looking boring and dull, and yet, the President has do ne nothing about this crisis. As a candidate, FLEXI Extra Sturd

My coming out post

This is difficult. I’m not usually vulnerable on here, but I need to talk about something. After being in the closet for so long, it’s time for me to speak my truth. As a writer, this blog is the best place for me to do that. And I really appreciate YOU for reading this. Being in the closet is in no way a fun experience. When you have no one to talk to it’s easy to shut down, to get lost in your thoughts. For that reason, I have a lot of pent-up emotions... soI’ll try to not write too much! I feel like I’ve been in the closet forever. But when it really comes down to it, I’m the same person I was when I was trapped in there. “Trapped” might seem like a strong word, but I assure you, I do not use it  lightly. When I was in the closet, I truly felt that I would never get out - and that often led to despair. Despite all this, I have no regrets - because coming out has only made me stronger. I cannot write this post without thanking my support system: my friends and family. These ar

How to tell if you have a horse infestation… and what to do about it.

Click  here  to read at funny-ish.com.